Monday, April 6, 2009

Service Project: Week One

This was the first week we had information about my student and his project. It was frustrating at first because we had a hard time communicating with eachother. I was unsure what to do, so I continued to email the parent. It wasn't until monday where I was able to get a hold of the parent. I was so excited that I would be able to meet with my student tomorrow at his school. As a teacher, it is important to understand that like us, the parents are busy too. We need to accomidate for their schedules so that we can best meet the child's needs (since the child is the reason we went into teaching in the first place). Its a vital life lesson for me to learn as I grow as a future educator.

1 comment:

  1. Great comments, Jessica! So true that we have to learn to work around the parent's schedule. That's not always easy, is it?

    ReplyDelete