Sunday, April 12, 2009

Service Project: Week Two, Part 2

After my meeting with the parent and student, they researched about their topic which is Greek mythology. Since he hadn't researched anything yet, I gave him some questions that will help guide him to finding some insightful information. I told them to basically find facts that interested him. The KWL chart that we started during our meeting helped him figure out what kinds of interesting facts he wants to include.

Once I received some information he has found, I was able to think about how we could put this into a VoiceThread. Creating the storyboard was my next challenge. When we meet on Tuesday, we will take this storyboard and put it into a movie.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica! I was looking at your KWL Chart and I really liked come of the questions that you and your student posted. Especially: "What makes these gods so powerful? and Why are there so many gods?" These are great open-ended questions that will get your student really thinking. Another question could be "How do Greek Mythology affect us today"

    ReplyDelete