Monday, May 4, 2009

CCMS Tour

CCMS or Corpus Christi Montessori School is a private elementary school that teaches using the montessori method. I was supposed to have a tour May 7th, but unfortunately the school has closed. I was lucky enough to have visited their the past for the voicethread project. The first thing I noticed about the school was the aquarium. I was told that the children take care of the aquarium themselves. They also have a garden that they also are in charge of. I love that this school really teaches life skills. When I saw the classrooms, I liked that there weren't many tables. The classroom was filled with manipulatives. They were organized; each manipulative has its placed. It was definately different from the classroom that I student teach, but it was great for me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment