Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Movie Making Experience

This week presented many challenges for me. I spent several hours creating my first movie! Before this week, I never realized that most computers have a movie making device as one of its default programs. At first, I felt completely unfamiliar with the tools, but after I experimented with it, I figured out how to make my movie. After creating my movie, I related that tools that I learned to how I could use it in my classroom.




One of the best ways to engage your students is to involve them heavily in a project like this. For example, you can give each student a line to read or film the class participating in an activity. When you are finished filming the movie, teach them how to edit movies. If they are too young to edit on their own, have them help you with the order of the movie clips. Your students will be so proud of their work once it is finished, and I guarantee that they mastered the material that the film covered.

I enjoyed making this movie, because like I said, it my first time experiencing something like this. It is great to see the final product for which I worked so hard. I plan on showing this clip to my students as a focus for my season’s lesson in science. Once I have showed them this clip, I am hoping it will excite them to want to create their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment